Sunday, May 6, 2007

Yankees 8, Mariners 1


BAMBINO: Chien-Ming Wang was pitching a perfect game until Ben Broussard's HR in the eighth. But Wang did pitch perfectly in my eyes. As I huddled around the radio listening to the game on my front patio like a school kid from the 1940's (I refuse to watch a national FOX Broadcast due to their horrible announcers), I hung on every pitch with anticipation. When the perfecto was broken, I still knew Wang was pitching a heck of a game. After that pitching embarrassment the night before, it gave me great joy to see a Yankee pitcher pitch 8 innings deep into a game and get a win. The Yankee bats are still hot even though they got to Jeff Weaver late in the game and not earlier as I predicted. Mike Hargrove definitely had a brain cramp when he left Weaver in there in the 6th as the Yanks were setting up the merry-go-round. 5 Runs later, Wang and the Yanks were on their way. The Yankee offense was led by the Captain (3 for 4, 3 RBI) and Melky (2 for 4, 2 RBI) who did their part in the win. Jeter is just amazing. The day after his 20 game hit streak ends, he goes 3 for 4. We as Yankee fans are truly blessed to have him on our team. Melky Cabrera on the other hand has been inconsistent so far this season. He had a pretty good series in Texas and so far on the home stand, he's hitting well. I hope that trend continues. On the last note, amazingly, A-Rod only had one hit yesterday. He is still one of the great ballplayers out there today.

BOX SCORE/WRAP:

No comments: